Monday, September 29, 2008

2 interesting links...

Alan Krueger of Princeton put together a nice presentation to introduce undergraduates to behavioral economics: http://www.krueger.princeton.edu/behavioral.ppt

Trust me: students like little psychological tid-bits that reveal anomalies about themselves...much more than supply and demand curves

This link lists 50 of the most dependable web resources for university students. Professors have adamantly opposed Wikipedia, despite the fact that they all use it. I guess professors don't like a medium which doesn't rely on professors for information. I like Wikipedia, and agree with Tyler Cowen's quote below.

If I had to guess whether Wikipedia or the median refereed journal article on economics was more likely to be true, after a not so long think I would opt for Wikipedia.~Tyler Cowen